Thursday, May 22, 2014

The Florida Aquarium

For our first full day in Tampa, we headed to the Florida Aquarium.


My daughter (you know, for simplicity's sake, let's call her "A" for this blog, shall we?) had never been to a proper aquarium.  She's been to Sea World, but she was about 2 months old, so I'm not counting that.  :) 


We spent plenty of time with my favorite animal, the river otter!  (Okay, if I'm going to be honest, my favorite animal is the SEA otter, but I'm not too picky. ;) )


This big guy, the Goliath Grouper, was pretty much as big as A.  So we told her to look like he was going to eat her.


Maybe she should have been more concerned about this charming fellow.


There is a dolphin cruise that leaves from the aquarium every day and you know we had to join in!  It was a beautiful day for a boat ride, and we even had a few friends come over to say hi.


Growing up, I wanted to be a marine biologist (and a singer, actress, veterinarian, and princess, but that's neither here nor there) so I was in my element.  A adored it, too, and couldn't wait to tell her fish back home what she saw.  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment